LANSING PROMISE FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is the Lansing Promise?
The Lansing Promise is a scholarship program offering tuition assistance for post-secondary (college or skilled trade) education to all eligible high school graduates within the Lansing School District boundaries. The Promise provides tuition assistance for up to 65 credits at Lansing Community College or the equivalent dollar amount toward tuition and fees at Michigan State University or Olivet College.
Q: What are the requirements to receive the Lansing Promise?
Applicants must meet all of the following:
- Live within the Lansing School District boundaries
- Attend 9th -12th grades at a high school within the Lansing School District boundaries
- Graduate from a high school within the Lansing School District boundaries
- Get Accepted to Michigan State University, Lansing Community College, or Olivet College and complete the FAFSA.
- Apply to the Promise by the April 1st deadline
Q: How do I apply for the Lansing Promise?
Visit our online application to apply. Make sure you have read the eligibility requirements, have filled out the FAFSA, have been accepted to an eligible university, and have your university student ID number ready.